Thai Pineapple Peanut Chicken Satay
Prep Time: 20 MINS
Cook Time: 30 MINS
This Thai Pineapple Peanut Chicken Satay is guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser. Try serving with rice to complement all of the flavours.
- In a medium bowl, whisk Thai Peanut Pineapple Chicken Marinade/Sauce ingredients together
- Add 1/4 cup of this Marinade and 3 tablespoons olive oil to a large freezer bag along with chicken.
- Marinate in the refrigerator 1-4 hours.
- (Soak wooden skewers at least 30 minutes in water before grilling)
- When ready to cook, generously grease grill and heat to medium-high heat.
- Drain marinade from chicken and thread chicken and pineapple onto skewers.
- Grill on one side for about 5 minutes or until slightly charred. Flip and grill the other side until chicken is cooked through and slightly charred.
TO OVEN BROIL:
- (Soak wooden skewers at least 30 minutes in water before broiling)
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the skewers in a single layer and broil, turning every 5 minutes until cooked through, about 10- 15 minutes depending on thickness of chicken.
THAI PEANUT SAUCE:
- Add reserved Thai Peanut Pineapple Sauce to a small saucepan and whisk in cornstarch and coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Sauce/Dip should be thick but spreadable. If sauce is too thick, whisk in some coconut milk or water to reach desired consistency. If too thin, return to a simmer until thickened.
- Taste and add Sriracha, lime, brown sugar to taste.
- Brush grilled kebabs with Sauce and use remaining Sauce as a dip OR after brushing with Sauce, whisk in some water to thin Sauce and pour over chicken and pineapple with rice.
- Garnish with crushed peanuts, green onions and freshly squeezed lime juice (optional) and salt as needed.
- 2 pounds chicken (4-6 chicken breasts) chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 fresh pineapple, chopped into 1” pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (lite is fine)
- /4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
Thai Peanut Pineapple Marinade/Sauce:
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha/Asian hot red chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- Crushed peanuts
- Green onions