Spicy Pumpkin Quesadillas With Avocado & Black Beans
The pumpkin in this pumpkin quesadilla here takes on a completely different flavour profile when accompanied by the spicy jalapeno and sprightly lime.
- Preheat oven to 200 F.
- Puree the pumpkin, jalapeno, cumin, cinnamon, lime juice, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Smear half of the tortillas with the pumpkin mixture. Top with black beans, avocado, corn, cilantro and the two cheeses. Fold the other half over to seal together.
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet with a teaspoon or two of oil over medium high heat. Add a few folded quesadillas to the pan and cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Flip over and cook on the other side until golden brown. Transfer to a baking tray in the warmed oven while you repeat with remaining quesadillas.
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 small corn or whole grain flour tortillas
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 4 oz. Monterey jack cheese
- 4 oz. queso cojita cheese
- 1 cup cilantro
- 2 TBSP. olive oil