How do I change the oven light on my over-the-range microwave?
Just follow these simple instructions, and you'll have your oven light changed in no time.
- First, unplug the microwave, or turn off the power at the main circuit breaker.
- Remove the mounting screws, and pull the vent grill away from the unit.
- Remove the charcoal filter, if used, by pushing it inwards. Then turn, and pull it away from the unit. Now you can open the light cover by pulling up on the front edge.
- Unscrew the old light bulb and replace it with an equivalent, new 30-watt bulb.
- Now, carefully push the light cover back into place, then the charcoal filter, and the vent grill.
- Be sure to engage the bottom and top tabs. Finally, replace the vent grill mounting screws and you're done.
- Remember to plug the microwave back into the power supply, or turn the power back on, at the main circuit breaker.