Ginger, Cranberry & Pistachio Dark Chocolate Bark
- Preheat oven to 250 F.
- Place the chopped dark chocolate on a baking pan and put in the oven. Put the white chocolate in an oven safe dish and add to the oven. Allow the chocolate to melt slowly, checking every minute to make sure it doesn’t over cook and stirring it gently throughout. This should take no more than 3-4 minutes.
- Once melted, smooth out the dark chocolate to evenly coat the Baking Sheet, then use a fork to drizzle the white chocolate over the dark chocolate.
- Sprinkle the cookies, cranberries, pistachios and candied ginger around the chocolate until adequately covered. You can gently press down on some of the nuts and cookies to make sure they sink down to the bottom a bit.
- Transfer to the fridge for an hour, or the freezer for about 15 minutes, or until the chocolate if fully set and cold.
- When set, peel the chocolate off of the Baking Sheet, break into pieces and transfer to gift bags or boxes. Enjoy!
- 500 g 70-85% dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 100 g white chocolate, finely chopped
- 6 ginger snap cookies, broken into small pieces
- 1/3 cup naturally sweetened cranberries
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 3 pieces of candied ginger, finely minced
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietician (RD), an avid food writer and blogger, a TV and radio personality, a food brand ambassador, a passionate home cook, a food event hostess, and the founder of Abbey’s Kitchen Inc. She has a BASc. in Nutrition and Food, Dieticians of Canada accreditation, and culinary training from George Brown College and private instructors. Abbey’s core philosophy is that a pleasurable relationship with food, your body and your self is the fundamental secret to good health.