Chewy Coconut Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Prep Time: 15 MINS
Cook Time: 45 MINS
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy. With mixer on a low setting, incorporate the dry flour mixture a third at a time. This is where you DON’T want to overmix…you’re mixing just to incorporate!
- Fold in the coconut flakes with a baking spatula.
- Drop dough by teaspoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Cookies should be about 3 inches.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly toasted. Cool on wire racks.
- Once cool, take a cookie, a scoop of your favourite ice cream, and another cookie. Roll the side of the ice cream in chocolate sprinkles (optional for decoration), hand wrap in wax paper, and freeze. OR, eat immediately!
- Place finished ice cream sandwiches into the freezer on a cookie sheet to cool for at least 15 minutes before eating so the ice cream ‘sets’.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups Kraft Bakers brand flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 container vanilla ice cream
- 1 container chocolate ice cream
- 1 package sprinkles