CANADIAN TOURTIERE MAPLE CHEDDAR STUFFED PEAMEAL BACON BURGER
- Pulse the mushrooms in the food processor until they are very finely minced. Remove from the food processor and squeeze out any residual liquid. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add in the ground beef, pork, egg white, bread crumbs, mustard, cinnamon, savory, thyme, allspice, salt and pepper. Combine together until just mixed through.
- Portion into 8 skinny patties. Lay one patty down, sprinkle with about a tablespoon of shredded cheese and top with another skinny patty. Gently seal the edges and set aside until you’ve continued with the remaining patties.
- Grill over medium high heat on a preheated lightly greased grill for about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, grill the peameal bacon for about 2 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Hollow out the bun insides on both sides. Line the bun bottom with the sliced apple, and a slice of peameal bacon. Smear the top side with the mustard. Top with the cooked burger and enjoy!
- 6 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 6 oz. extra lean ground Canadian beef
- 6 oz. extra lean ground pork
- 1 small egg white
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. grainy maple mustard
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. savory
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 4 TBSP. aged maple cheddar, grated
- 4 slices of lean Peameal bacon
- 4 whole grain buns, hollowed out on both sides
- 4 tbsp whole grain maple grainy mustard
- Granny smith apple, sliced
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietician (RD), an avid food writer and blogger, a TV and radio personality, a food brand ambassador, a passionate home cook, a food event hostess, and the founder of Abbey’s Kitchen Inc. She has a BASc. in Nutrition and Food, Dieticians of Canada accreditation, and culinary training from George Brown College and private instructors. Abbey’s core philosophy is that a pleasurable relationship with food, your body and your self is the fundamental secret to good health.