Air Fried Mac & Cheese Samosas
Prep Time: 40 MINS
Cook Time: 20 MINS
The kids will LOVE this cheesy, creamy twist on samosas!
- Heat a medium to large heavy saucepan over medium heat. Once hot, add oil, then add onion, garlic and ginger, fry for 4 minutes, stirring often. Add spices, cook 1 minute. Then add brown sugar and vinegar, cook for 2 minutes. Then add tomatoes, bring to a simmer, and then reduce heat to medium low, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until chutney is reduced to a sauce. Transfer to a serving dish, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F on Air Fry mode. Learn more about Air Fry.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter, add flour and garam masala, cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk and bring to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened, 3 – 4 minutes. Once the sauce has thickened, add the grated cheddar, frozen peas, season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat, add the cooked macaroni, mix to combine. Let cool slightly.
- Cut spring roll wrappers in half, have a small bowl with cold water set up to seal edges. With one half, wet the edges of the wrapper with a wet finger, place a scant tablespoon of the mac and cheese on the bottom corner, fold the corner into a triangle, fold the next corner over and repeat one more time, leaving you with a triangle shaped samosa.
- Place samosas, seam side down on parchment paper lined trays. Spray with cooking spray. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until bubbly and golden.
MAC & CHEESE:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 ½ cup Milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated (200 g)
- ½ cup frozen peas (72 g)
- Salt and pepper
- 227 grams macaroni, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 packages egg roll wrappers (454 g)
- Cooking oil spray
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced (140 g, 30 g waste)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger, finely minced (12 g)
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (540 grams – 500 ml)