Air Fried Chicken Tenders with Honey BBQ Sauce
Prep Time: 20 MINS
Cook Time: 25 MINS
Kids and grown-ups alike won't be able to resist these yummy chicken tenders and delicious BBQ sauce!
- Stir together all sauce ingredients in a medium to large heavy saucepan, bring to a simmer over medium high heat and then reduce to medium low stirring occasionally, until thickened and reduced to about ¾ cup, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F on Air Fry mode. Learn more about Air Fry.
- In a shallow dish, place flour mixed with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. In another shallow dish, add lightly beaten eggs. In a third shallow dish, add panko. Coat chicken with flour; dip into egg mixture, then coat with panko. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Spray strips with cooking spray.
- Bake tenders, flipping halfway through cooking, until golden brown, 12 – 14 minutes.
- 1 ½ cups apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup honey (190 g)
- ½ cup ketchup (170 grams)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (12 g)
- 1 ½ tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 –inch thick strips or 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko (95 g)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper/li>
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Cooking oil spray