This glorious pink soup is delicious with traditional dill or fresh coriander.
- In saucepan of boiling salted water, cover and cook beets until tender and skins slip off easily, about 25 minutes.
- Drain and let cool; slip off skins and cut into small pieces. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. (Beets can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.)
- In large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the onions, sour cream, dill, sugar, vinegar and salt.
- Then add the beets to the liquid and with a hand blender blend until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled or for up to 6 hours. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Ladle chilled soup into serving bowls. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream, diced cucumber, green onions and dill or coriander sprigs.
Crank up your cooking tip:
To ensure the pork loin is cooked evenly, use the PowerPlus™ Temperature Probe for great results!