Wild Blueberry, Pomegranate And Lemon Popsicle
The weather is hot, and the refreshments are flowing. Why not try a delicious antioxidant-packed alternative this summer? Abbey shares her favourite, chilly treat in the form of a popsicle!
- Heat the blueberries, 1 tsp. lemon juice and 1 1/2 TBSP. honey in a small saucepan over medium high heat until it bubbles, thickens and gets jammy. Divide between 8 Popsicle moulds and pop in the Frigidaire 2-in1 Upright Freezer for at least 1-3 hours.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the 3/4 cup lemon juice, 1 1/2 cup water and 3 TBSP. honey in a small saucepan over medium high heat.
- Pour the lemonade over the blueberry layer and add 2 tsp. of pomegranate seeds into each mould. Add in a wooden stick, and freeze everything over night before enjoying.
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen wild blueberries
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 TBSP. honey
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 TBSP. honey
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietician (RD), an avid food writer and blogger, a TV and radio personality, a food brand ambassador, a passionate home cook, a food event hostess, and the founder of Abbey’s Kitchen Inc. She has a BASc. in Nutrition and Food, Dieticians of Canada accreditation, and culinary training from George Brown College and private instructors. Abbey’s core philosophy is that a pleasurable relationship with food, your body and your self is the fundamental secret to good health.