Watermelon Bruschetta with Whipped Feta, Basil, and Balsamic Drizzle
Prep Time: 15 MINS
Cook Time: 35 MINS
Host the perfect party with this delicious appetizer. It’s simple to make, full of flavour, and provides the perfect bite on a hot summer’s day!
- Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet under the broiler and toast for a few minutes, until slightly crispy.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, mix the balsamic vinegar and honey and heat over medium-high. Stir regularly and let the mixture reach a simmer, and then reduce heat slightly to keep at simmering point. Stir occasionally and remove from heat once the mixture has reduced by half and the mixture is thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine the feta and ricotta in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Add additional ricotta or feta if necessary to reach your desired consistency.
- Spread the whipped feta on the toasted bread and top with the finely chopped watermelon. Sprinkle with the black pepper, basil, and chives. Drizzle the reduced balsamic over the bruschetta. Serve.
Crank up your cooking tip:
The Frigidaire Professional Range has a versatile PowerPlus® 2-in-1 Burner & Griddle. Use the simmer burner for delicate sauces.
- 2 1/2 cups of fresh seedless watermelon, chopped
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 baguette cut into thick slices
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste