One-Pot Chicken Parmesan
Prep Time: 45 MINS
One-pot dinners are a quick and effortless option for busy weeknights. This recipe for Chicken Parmesan is simple, delicious and makes clean-up a breeze.
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breast fillets and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes per side until they’re golden brown and release easily from the pan. Remove chicken breasts from the pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet add onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add pasta, chicken broth, diced tomatoes and Italian seasoning.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring every 3 to 4 minutes to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Stir in spinach and return chicken to the skillet.
- Top the dish with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Place dish in the oven and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and cheese is melted.
- 1 TBSP. olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes (28 oz.)
- 1 TBSP. Italian seasoning
- 4 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Salt and pepper to taste