Diala's Kitchen: Penne with Spicy Garlic Shrimp
Spicy garlic shrimp is one of those dishes that comes together in a flash. At home, we love to have it with slices of crusty baguette or with a simple pasta. It's also a recipe that I love to make when I have friends over.
- Melt the butter in a large pan set over medium heat, Add the olive oil, the garlic and chili flakes. Cook for 30 seconds stirring often, until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp and cook for a few minutes on each side until the shrimp is pink and has charred bits here and there.
- Sprinkle with salt, add the parsley and stir until combined. Pour in the wine and let it reduce by half. Enjoy!
- Cook the pasta according to instructions on the box.
- While the pasta cooks, make the sauce.
- Heat the oil In a medium-sized pot, over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent. About 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Pour in the vodka and let it reduce a bit for about 8 minutes over medium heat.
- Pour in the strained tomatoes. Add the salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Finally, stir in the whipping cream, and toss the pasta in.
- Serve the pasta in bowls, topped with spicy garlic shrimp
Pasta is one of those dishes that can be a canvas for whatever you want to put on it. Roasted vegetables, sauteed mushrooms, roasted eggplant, even smoked salmon. But the way we enjoy it the most at home, is topped with plump and spicy garlic shrimp.
- Diala Canelo
Recipe by: Diala Canelo
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 600 grams raw shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- 1/3 cup white wine (optional)
- 300 grams penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 cups strained tomatoes
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
Diala cooked on: