Tout bon, tout frais : Quesadillas déjeuner
Breakfast quesadillas are great for the whole family because they are totally customizable. Pick what you want with no fuss! Kids also love to help with the assembly so this is a great way to get them involved in the meal making process.
- Lay out parchment paper or foil for assembly.
- On a tortilla, assemble by evenly distributing ingredients in this order: 1/4 cup shredded cheddar, about 1/3 cup scrambled eggs, 1/3 cup spinach, sprinkle of bacon, sprinkle of ham, and end with another 1/4 cup shredded cheddar. Top with another tortilla.
- Warm skillet to medium and melt a little butter in the pan.
- Using the parchment paper as help, slide assembled quesadilla carefully onto hot skillet and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes or until tortilla begins to brown and cheese is melted.
- Slice it up like a pizza and serve!
Freezing Instructions (Two Methods):
To Freeze: Assemble the quesadillas and freeze just before cooking in a freezer bag between layers of parchment paper. Lay flat in the freezer.
To Prepare: Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and cook according to instructions.
To Freeze: Cook quesadillas according to instructions but do not cut into pieces. Let cool completely and then freeze in freezer bag or container, separating layers with parchment paper.
To Prepare: Either wrap frozen quesadilla in a moist paper towel and microwave for 30-60 seconds OR let thaw in refrigerator and warm up on sheet pan in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 5 minutes.
- 12 tortillas de blé entier
- 3 tasses (750 ml) de cheddar râpé
- 12 œufs, brouillés
- 2 tasses (500 ml) d'épinards frais, haché
- 1/2 lb (227 g) de bacon, cuit et en miettes
- 1/2 lb (227 g) de jambon, en dés
- Sel et poivre au goût
- 2 à 3 c. à soupe (28 à 43 g) de beurre (pour la cuisson)