DOUBLE STACKED MAPLE BURGER
- In a mixing bowl, place your ground pork, maple syrup, smoked paprika, salt and pepper, and combine throughly. Make 2 8ounce patties from the mixture. PREP GRILL. Place them on the grill, high heat for a good sear. Turn down the heat to medium and leave on the grill for 6-8 minutes. Place two pieces of american cheddar on each patty.
- On the other side of the grill, place peameal bacon and lightly brush with maple syrup. Cook for 4-6min on medium low.
- Make sure to have your buns slightly toasted on the top rack of your BBQ!
- Once the cheese is melted on each of the patties, stack the first patty on the bun, add a slice of peameal, add the second patty and peameal slice, and top it off with a pickle. If you feel so inclined, finish this Canadian inspired burger off with a fried egg!
- 2 slices of american cheddar
- 16 oz. of ground pork
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 oz. maple syrup
- 2 2 oz. slices of peameal bacon
- 1 bun
- 1 egg
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietician (RD), an avid food writer and blogger, a TV and radio personality, a food brand ambassador, a passionate home cook, a food event hostess, and the founder of Abbey’s Kitchen Inc. She has a BASc. in Nutrition and Food, Dieticians of Canada accreditation, and culinary training from George Brown College and private instructors. Abbey’s core philosophy is that a pleasurable relationship with food, your body and your self is the fundamental secret to good health.